Saturday, June 21, 2008

Who we are...and a blurb about wet wipes...

So we're out of baby wipes, and I'm sick of washing washcloths, so we're using wet paper towels until payday.  I have decided that I absolutely refuse to change any more diapers without some form of DISPOSABLE wiping products, be them Swipers, generic wipes, or damp paper towels.  The washcloth thing is cramping my style.  Case closed.

I'm throwing out names randomly here on this weblog, so maybe I should clarify who everyone is...

Daddy - 29 (for now), Alan, Occupant, employed part-time, student full-time, drives The Moose II

Mama - 33 (again, for now), Amy, Honey, TheWife, full-time student and supervisor, drives The Jellybean

Izzy - 15, lives with her daddy up yonder, has a learner's permit

Kri-kri - 13, oldest living with us, big sports player

Miss Shelby - 8, 9 soon, will be in 4th grade in the fall

The Boy - 6, 7 soon, will be in 1st grade in the fall

Lucas - 2 1/2, my first son, big car nut like Daddy

Meghan - 1, my first daughter, more stubborn than her mother, binky 12-step program dropout

Andrea - -2 months, due 9/6 but we're hoping for sooner, and she's NOT TWINS!

Bebaw - almost as old as our house, mother of Mama, drives Bebaw's Truck, works full-time, technically lives in Houston

Mom - older than our house, mother of Daddy, lives in Ohio (1200 miles of joy), works full-time, drives a Buick (her 3rd white Century in this lifetime)

Dad - also older than our house, father of Daddy, lives in Ohio (1200 miles of pain), works full-time, drives a Camry

Pantallideth - 28 or so, friend of the family, used to work for Mama, will be the partner in Two Fat Guys Automotive

Two Fat Guys Automotive - when Daddy gets around to starting his car lot/junkyard/auto repair facility, this is the name Panties and I picked.

Amyco - wholly owns all of the above subsidiaries ,see "Mama"

The Moose II - 1988 GMC Suburban, gray and maroon, 454 TBI and you feel every pound of torque.  8-passenger at the moment (technically 5 since the 3rd seat is on our porch) but I'll get around to throwing a bench up front to give us our 9 seat belts we need when Izzy visits and after the newest is born.

The Jellybean - 1999 Ford Taurus, dark blue, a little more than halfway paid for (although we've already given them double what it's worth, maybe triple), and our primary mode of transportation.

Other vehicles I may reference in this blog...

The Van Of Questionable Mechanical Integrity - 1991 Ford Aerostar, what I was driving when I met Mama, what I lived in for awhile the prior winter, and everything on it broke but the engine while I had it.

The Steel Turtle - 1979 Oldsmobile 88 sedan in cash money green, a $500 beater that got me through spring 2008 quite well.

Royale With Cheese - 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 coupe in white, a $400 beater that got me through fall 2005 and spring 2006 quite well.

Milkshake - 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity sedan, a $300 beater that gained me $633 in inspection/tags tickets, kept me from getting a Class A CDL, and got us all sorts of tickets from FTW while we lived up there.  Milkshake is the condition of the oil, a blown head gasket parked it and I scrapped it instead of fixing it up, and fixed up an $800 Intrepid with two blown head gaskets instead.

Strong Bad III - 1971 Ford F-250 pickup in mustard yellow, also called Frenchie, a $1000 truck with no brakes that helped us move to Cleburne and took out the trash from summer to winter 2007.

Strong Bad II - 1970 Ford F-100 pickup EXACTLY the way I wanted it, stolen from me October 2004, but since I hadn't titled it yet, police wouldn't let me file.

Strong Bad I - 1967 Ford F-100 pickup, nice but automatic, my first pickup truck in 1997.

No comments: