Saturday, January 3, 2009

I really suck at blog maintenance

But I'll try to get caught up here. We had a new addition to our herd, Andrea Regan was born 6lb12oz on September 4th. Puts her halfway between Miss Shelby and The Boy as far as birthdays go. She is THE most calmest baby EVAR. And she does this thing with her eyebrows. The toddlers have both adjusted. Lucas is always helpful to let us know AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS that "Daddy, daddy, daddy, baby crying, baby crying!!!" Meghan (the mean girl) is happy to deliver a binky to the baby anytime. We now have five binkys in the house, and we actually know where all five are for once.

Oh, and we moved in July. Bought a house this time, no more renting for us. Owner financed a 4/1 with a GIANT master bedroom addition in a small town, southeast Hill County. We're now far enough from Dallas-Fort Worth to ignore the BS that goes on up there, yet we're close enough for Mama's work. We're also a half hour from Waco and about fifteen minutes from Hillsboro. This lets us do our shopping locally for the most part, since even Waco has wonderful places like H-E-B and Best Buy and Sears. :)

The herd has adjusted well from moving...again...and the school seems to be on track. They fired the science teacher already, because he refused to go by the state-set curriculum. He wanted to use the 7th-8th grade science book for ALL grades. Which of course meant he didn't have enough books to go around and Miss Shelby ended up with photocopied pages in a binder. TEA didn't like that and now he's working the counter at a 7-Eleven. Probably making more money, too, but that's beside the point.

Mama took a couple of weeks working a second job at Starbucks, which was great for the coffee, not so much for her sanity and a few other things, but she may or may not return in about a week. I tried really hard to find a seasonal job, and I did have one for Black Friday weekend, a temp position selling floor care items and power tools (o rly?) and of course, Monday morning, temp agency calls to let me know the position is cancelled. I should have expected they only wanted extra help for the one weekend. I should not have worked as hard as I did to sell $3500 of power tools in those 4 days.

The Jellybean is gone, thank God, and all we have is the Suburban. Oh and a Torino. *bats eyelashes*. My loving wife went on eBay, spent $355, and bought me my dream car, a 1976 4-door Gran Torino. White on blue. In Oklahoma. And then she spent $320 to have it brought here. It does run, it does drive, it does need quite a bit of work but nothing I can't handle. I've made a few repairs to it already and I'm only a few bits away from roadworthiness. Battery, battery cables, a high beam headlight, a parking brake ratchet mechanism springy thing, and a pair of 16" wiper blades, and it SHOULD pass inspection. Wish me luck. Oh, and she bought this car for me from her LAPTOP in the HOSPITAL before DELIVERING our latest BABY!!! Is that love or what?

My question is, if my wife and I get into it in the back of the Torino, would it be a threesome?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think it be time for an update! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. Baby is now a year old. Definitely time for an update. lol